7 min to read
The demand for video calls has become higher after the impact of the COVID-19 crisis. As the entire world is going beyond virtual activities, right from virtual classrooms to virtual patient-care assistance, virtual remote meetings to client or customer call over video calls, every possible physical business communication has turned into virtual. This sought-after video calling app for business is experiencing a huge spike in the market.
This made the businesses and enterprises go with video conferencing software or video calling APIs and SDKs to build one for their own business communication. Choosing the right video conferencing software for your business would be time-consuming, so that's why I have come up with the world's leading video conferencing solution provider in the market to leverage your business collaboration during this Pandemic.
Before getting into the action, let's understand the whole concept of video calling APIs and SDKs. So, what are so-called Video Calling SDKs and APIs?
An SDK (Software development kit) is completely a set of tools that helps to build an app in a much easier way. The SDK comes with a library of features, functionalities (pieces of codes), visual editors to develop one like video calling apps on any platform.
An API (Application programming interface) is an interface that allows different sorts of software to communicate with each other in order to exchange data. An API of any product gives the technical infrastructure allowing different tools to work together and bring out an app, in our case, an video conferencing app. So, what's the purpose of a Video Calling API or SDK?
There are quite a lot of promising factors for the demand of video calling APIs and SDKs in the market, a few of them are,
Some Effective & Basic Features You'll Get with Video Calling APIs and SDKs
- Faster-Time-To-Market: These APIs and SDKs simplify the overall process of building a cross-platform video conferencing software or video chat application since the APIs offer quick implementation of infrastructure and features.
- Saving Huge Amount of Resources: The available APIs and SDKs help to build your video call app with exciting features and other functionalities instead of letting your developers spend time on building one particular chat functionality. With these APIs & SDKs, things get done faster with limited resources (developers).
Key Points to be Notified While Integrating a Video API into an App
- Screen sharing, specific app sharing on Web and Mobile applications
- Real-time messaging while conferencing or video call with remote teams.
- Recording of video conference calls or audio conferences for later reviews.
- Multiple conferencing formats such as one-to-one video calls, one-to-many participants.
We need to accept that integrating a video conference web app technology within any app can automatically improve the business brand. But, do you know that a video call integration in an android or web app requires three components, Let's have a look at to understand as how to integrate a video API.
Here are the top 5 (no rankings here!) APIs/SDKs for your consideration. Not to mention that we have outstanding expertise with all of them:
- Credentialing the Video SDK Account. Obtaining credentials is something that must to get access to any application. Thus, it is integral to have credentials being approved to use the SDK and the other related video calling software services before embedding it into any existing mobile or web app.
- Server-side Web Application. A server-side application has been designed to store confidential information. Therefore, a perfectly authorized web server application can access an API whenever the user interacts via a conference video call app or once the user leaves the app. These web server applications mostly use service accounts to authorize the API requests, most often when calling Cloud APIs to access the project-based data rather than user-specific data. All this runs at your application server and uses your third-party account credentials to provide access to video calling software services.
- Client-side Web Application. Having some differences when compared to the server-side web apps, these client-side web applications can access the APIs only when the user works on the video conference web application. These applications were unable to store any confidential information. Once you embed video chat, you can execute this client-side web app in any mobile or web app. This uses third-party SDKs to
1. Jitsy meet - https://meet.jit.si/
- Jitsi is a set of open-source projects that allows you to easily build and deploy secure video conferencing solutions. At the heart of Jitsi are Jitsi Videobridge and Jitsi Meet, which let you have conferences on the internet, while other projects in the community enable other features such as audio, dial-in, recording, and simulcasting.
2. Liveswitch - https://www.liveswitch.io
- LiveSwitch provides the most flexible live video, audio and messaging software on the market today. With 10+ years of experience and a passion for innovation, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with the very best in real-time communications technology. Specializing in real-time communications for more than a decade.
3. Twillio video calling - https://www.twilio.com/video
- Build real-time video applications optimized to work across network conditions worldwide. Use quality control tools like the Network Quality API to monitor network performance, or the Network Bandwidth Profile API to prioritize video track bandwidth across participants. Whether it's our free 1:1 video chat, or one of our larger, pay-as-you-go group rooms for many participants, Twilio Video has a solution that fits your needs.
4. Enablex - video API Solution To Build Video Calling Applications
Enablex video solution helps to build HD video-enabled applications on Android, iOS, and Web applications. Their feature-rich SDKs and APIs provide one-to-one video chats and group video calls for a superlative video chat experience for users. They also provide live interactive broadcast feature to broadcast content live across devices and live video streaming directly on YouTube, Facebook, and other channels through the integration of video chat API for a better reach of users.
5. Agora - https://www.agora.io/en/
Agora has been at the forefront of providing video call features to SMEs & enterprises globally to improve the collaboration. Their video chat SDK comprises development tools and cloud infrastructure components to build a live video chat application on the Web, Mobile and desktop. Agora SDK provides end-to-end customization of features, background segmentations & themes. They provide multiple video communication channels like One-to-one, One-to-multi-party video calling and video conferencing to users virtually. All the calls carried over the Agora applications are completely encrypted to protect against hacks. Summing-up
Arguably video call APIs and video conferencing solutions are the most sought-after asset of any organization, business to strengthen their communication gap during this global crisis. Choosing the best video calling solution is one of the complex matters where you need to consider the parameters of the solution and whether the solution meets your requirements. There are a lot of players in the market, comparing your communication needs and the basic parameters like features, cost, security are the much essential to be discussed. Looking for further video APIs/SDKs? Book a call to learn more - https://calendly.com/cookiedev/30-min/